1. I hate bubble gum. The smell makes me nauseated.
2. Despite being a sarcastic person, I really do care very deeply for all of my friends, family and coworkers.
3. I hate wearing shoes. I will wear flip flops and sandals to work until December – at least – and keep my feet warm by sitting Indian style (sorry, criss-cross apple sauce) all day.
4. I have been a vegetarian for 16 years and don’t feel the need to discuss it at every meal. I don’t eat meat because it grosses me out, not for any moral reasons, so I won’t judge you for eating it – unless you start judging me for not. (P.S., You don’t need to read the menu to me when we go out to eat – did you see this? It’s vegetarian. – yes, I saw it, I can read.)
5. When I was in high school, I skipped school. It was boring and I would have rather stayed home and watched Matlock. Looking back now, I see that it was part of my homebody personality. School is noisy and there are so many people there. Home is quiet. Despite my delinquency, I still graduated No. 29 in my class.
6. I almost earned a minor in theatre. If it hadn’t been for the requirement to act, I would have done it. In high school I directed/assistant directed several plays and loved seeing it all come together. I did run crew for a few plays on campus. For one play, a classmate and I had to sit above the stage and throw something down in the first five minutes. I am afraid of heights, but managed to get up on the catwalk and sit on a plank no wider than my hips for 20 minutes each night. I was really proud of myself for that.
7. I wish it weren’t a social requirement to wear makeup.
8. I am really embarrassed by my distaste for alcohol. Wine is ok. Hard apple cider is ok. But if I never drank again, I’d be ok. Socially, that isn’t accepted and people look at you weird if you don’t drink.